Tuesday 11 January 2011

It isn't just about me... in more than one way

Sometimes other people are able to describe how you feel, better than you can do yourself. Sometimes you read something that resonates so strongly, it takes your breath away. I read this at lunch at work today. I had to find somewhere a little quieter to finish reading, it really touched me.

The title of the post is "It isn't just about me"... while not exactly the point Louise was trying to make, it remind me again that I'm not the only person out there going through this.

Louise is someone I "met" through Twitter. I was following her already, in the usual, odd, viral way that one finds new people on Twitter. She rides bikes, and writes about them occasionally. A short while before Christmas a few of her tweets suggested she was going through some of the same feelings I've had recently.

It sounds like she's pretty damn brave, has got great support, and I'm looking forward to reading about her feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment