Thursday 28 October 2010

Another for the "to do" list

Scotland Coast-Coast race

I'm tempted to enter "racer". "Challenger" doesn't really look challenging enough, and I ain't no expert.

Have dropped an email to my regular mountain marathon race partner (and uncle) to see if he fancies doing it as a pair.

EDIT - thanks to Rob Lee for tweeting about this, otherwise I probably wouldn't have known the race existed. I'm also very humbled to see that he's following this blog. Check out Rob's blog for some inspirational biking exploits.

5 comments:

  1. Rob's tweet got me looking at it as well....but not sure. Still it would be a fab challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything that's worth doing has to have that, "oh, that looks a bit scary" feel to it... I was grinning while reading the webpage. Definitely a good sign. Go for it. Bet you could rope in a fellow Velocake rider to join you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ali would kill me if I entered it at the moment, need to find a job first. It's the running that puts me off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is a wee bit pricey. Not that I'm a tight-arse or anything, but it is one of things that is appealing about the racer category! £30 cheaper!

    I actually love running, and do bits and pieces of fell running, so feel pretty comfortable with that. In fact, entering will force me to do a bit more... Given the choice, I always reach for the bike rather than the trainers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So far plans for next year are 24solo and kielder100....then hopefully some more bike races but have to wait and find a job first.

    It would be good if these things were cheaper.

    ReplyDelete