Saturday 23 October 2010

The boring stuff

So. I've had the bike checked out by a mechanic. It's basically a write-off. Visible damage includes:
-Buckled wheels
-Bent cranks
-Bent handlebars
-Broken r/h shifter
-Saddle torn of the rails
-R/h pedal axle bent
And the rear triangle of the bike is misaligned.

Most of my clothes are ripped.

I asked a question over on www.singletrackworld.com, asking for others experiences of making claims. I got some useful advice, and the usual not so useful advice.

I also got an email from a very nice email from a solicitor. He offered to give me some real-world advice over the phone for free. I took him up on the offer. He has incredibly generously offered to help me with my claim, pro bono. There are some very, very good people in this world.

I've compiled a full list of the cost of replacing everything. It's around £1500. I'll be emailing it over to the solicitor this weekend, along with all the other details. Then we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment